Friends of Vail Mountain Rescue is seeking a volunteer to assist with Event Coordination. This is an opportunity to work with a not for profit in a professional role. We are seeking an experienced person who can work with us in a leadership capacity. This position represents a way to make a significant contribution as part of our fund raising team that supports our local search and rescue operations.
- Assist with organizing Club / Neighborhood events
- For specific Clubs or Neighborhoods, inform them about FMR and VMRG (two to four clubs or neighborhoods)
- Recruit a group of members/residents to plan and lead an annual fund raising event in their respective area.
- Help with organizing the event
- Help with follow-up communications and thank you letters
- Learn from others in FMR who are currently working with some clubs in a similar way.
Required Skills and Characteristics:
- Leadership and organization
- Strong interpersonal skills with comfort in meeting new people
- Written and verbal communications
Environment: Not-for-profit volunteer setting. All staff is volunteer and work virtually while coming together for meetings.
Schedule: Work schedule is virtual and flexible.
- Average 2 to 4 hours per week
Pay: This is a volunteer position. No benefits are provided. Transportation not included.
Start date & duration:
- As soon as volunteer is available. Commitment of at least a year, subject to the volunteer’s satisfaction with their role.
How to Apply: Please submit a detailed letter specifically addressing how your qualifications meet the requested needs above via email to email@example.com. We will confirm receipt and contact you to schedule an initial meeting and discussion.
About Friends of Vail Mountain Rescue: Friends of Mountain Rescue a group of men and women volunteers who are raising a $2 million endowment fund. The purpose is to pay for the annual operating expenses of Vail Mountain Rescue Group (VMRG) that remain after Public agency support. This fund will also enable the volunteer rescuers to focus their time away from their jobs and families primarily on training and rescue missions, not on fund raising. It is significant that this fund will enable VMRG to be self-sustaining, with its future assured.