Friends of Vail Mountain Rescue (FMR) is seeking a volunteer to lead our Community Partners Program. This is an opportunity to work with a not for profit in a professional role. We are seeking an experienced person who can work with us in a leadershipcapacity. This position represents a way to make a significant contribution as part of our fund raising team that supports our local search and rescue operations.
- Develop and Manage overall program of attracting local Community Partners (Business and other Organizations) as supporters of FMR. Support is primarily Financial or In-Kind support.
- Manage recognition of partners (e.g. In newspapers, Facebook, web site, radio, etc)
- Manage communications with partners
Required Skills and Characteristics:
- Leadership and Organization
- Ability and interest in relating to local business leaders
- Marketing and networking
- Clear concise written and verbal communications abilities
Environment: Not-for-profit volunteer setting. All staff is volunteer and work virtually while coming together for meetings.
Schedule: Work schedule is virtual and flexible.
- Average 4 to 8 hours a month
Start date & duration:
- As soon as volunteer is available. Commitment of at least a year, subject to the volunteer’s satisfaction with their role.
How to Apply: Please submit a letter specifically addressing how your qualifications meet the requested needs above via email to email@example.com. We will confirm receipt and then contact you for an initial meeting and discussion.
About Friends of Vail Mountain Rescue: Friends of Mountain Rescue a group of men and women volunteers who are raising a $2 million endowment fund. The purpose is to pay for the annual operating expenses of Vail Mountain Rescue Group (VMRG) that remain after Public agency support. This fund will also enable the volunteer rescuers to focus their time away from their jobs and families primarily on training and rescue missions, not on fund raising. It is significant that this fund will enable VMRG to be self-sustaining, with its future assured.